Thursday, June 6, 2024

7/6/2024

 1:25 a.m.

7/6/2024, Friday

-


there are faded hearts scribbled in the corner of my desk - my pencil scratches at the worn wood, absently colouring them in. the fan whirs up-head, churning out warm air. outside, the the sky is clear, with not a cloud in sight. somewhere, a chorus of cicadas chirp in the distance. i lean forward, my head resting on the desk, cradled by my arms. i fight it, but unknowingly drift off into slumber. i dream of something warm, something sweet. something so wonderfully reminiscent of sunny skies, apple orchards, and flower fields; reminiscent of warm smiles, tanned skin, and honeyed eyes. i am blissfully content in this dreamscape, with my heart full. i reach out - hand in calloused hand - and am filled with an all-encompassing warmth, so warm that it scorches my palms. the invisible flames seem to spread through my veins, every inch of skin tingling with the heat. finally, it reaches my eyes, and they prickle and burn. orange fades to black, and back to orange again. i blink my eyes open, looking around dazedly. the classroom is empty, and the sun shines right in my face, more orange than white. i scramble to gather my things, and rush out of the room. the fan whirs on and on, all but forgotten. 

1 comment:

25/08/2024

11:12 p.m. 25/08/2024, Sunday - there's a pretty dress I've been eyeing. but it's got a shiny price tag, and for this, i rue. I ...