Thursday, August 24, 2023

24/8/2023

9:39 p.m.

24/8/2023, Thursday

-


   A Place to Call Home  

You’ve made a home

for all these butterflies

In my heart.

They’ve carefully woven their cocoons in

Every nook and cranny of my soul.

And with your every word, every action

More and more of those tender butterflies

Entangle themselves

In my heart, my lungs.

Choking me, making me gasp for air.

And soon enough, they strain against

The bars of their cage, longing to be set free.

And finally, cracks appear in my bones.

A final strain, and they burst through,

Finally free.

Exploding like fireworks in front of me,

Constellations in my eyes.

And your love

Heals all the cracks

In my being and bones-

Seeping through them

And patching them together.

And now, I finally feel free

And complete under

The blissful spell of love –

For you, my dear,

Have made me whole.

-



No comments:

Post a Comment

25/08/2024

11:12 p.m. 25/08/2024, Sunday - there's a pretty dress I've been eyeing. but it's got a shiny price tag, and for this, i rue. I ...