Saturday, July 22, 2023

22/7/2023

 22/7/2023, Saturday

-

I see a lonely path ahead
whose twigs and leaves and dirt I tread
the gentle winds that kiss my face
wrap me up in an airy embrace

the dense thickets of trees at first
now are faded and interspersed
the few old trees which now I see
have but a leaf in entirety

as I sit beneath the bough
of an old crooked weeping willow
its frail twigs gently rip apart
these seams of mine which were stretched taut

now I hear fresh droplets patter
both overhead and on my shoulder
after a moment of reprieve
I stand back up with a lack of ease

I trudge back through the sludge and mud
my cheeks from the stinging cold now flushed
I set foot upon the lonely path
whose twigs and leaves and mud I tread

Fin~

No comments:

Post a Comment

25/08/2024

11:12 p.m. 25/08/2024, Sunday - there's a pretty dress I've been eyeing. but it's got a shiny price tag, and for this, i rue. I ...